Deepen your executive coach practice
How ECS can help with Coach Mentoring
It took Executive Coach Studio principal Georgina Woudstra ten years to become an ICF Master Certified Coach. It was a rich and rewarding experience, and it was also highly challenging, as it took many hours, days and weeks of training and application in her practice.
There were times Georgina thought she would never get her certification. “But I did… and the sense of satisfaction and achievement was wonderful,” she says.
One of the best decisions Georgina made on her journey was to hire a mentor coach. “My mentor helped me enrich my understanding of ICF competencies at MCC level and bring them alive in an authentic way,” she says.
This personal experience taught her how invaluable it is to receive professional support and understanding.
The ICF defines Mentor Coaching as “providing professional assistance in achieving and demonstrating the levels of coaching competency demanded by the desired credential level sought by a coach‐applicant”.
Mentor Coaching, according to the ICF, means an applicant “being coached on their coaching skills rather than coaching on practice building, life balance, or other topics unrelated to the development of an applicant’s coaching skill”.
If you are applying for ICF credentials such as Associate Certified Coach (ACC), Professional Certified Coach (PCC) or Master Certified Coach (MCC) you require 10 hours’ work with a qualified coach mentor. By working with an MCC coach like Georgina, the mentoring hours can be counted at all levels – ACC, PCC and MCC. The ICF allows seven hours to be met though group coach mentoring but a minimum of three hours has to be one-to-one.
Upcoming Group Sessions
This group is coaches who:
- have undertaken at least 60 hours of training related to the ICF core competencies
- with over 100 hours of coaching experience (at least 75 of which are paid hours)
- are renewing their ACC, and need the required 10 hours of mentoring
- are preparing to apply for their ICF ACC or PCC credential
Mentor Coaching with Georgina
Georgina understands the key competency distinctions between ICF, ACC, PCC and MCC credentials. She can help you display these competencies in your coaching as if second nature, while retaining your authentic style.
She has mentored many coaches to accreditation at ACC, PCC and MCC levels with 100% success and everyone has passed at the first attempt.
Mentor coaching is an important requirement of the ICF credentialing process and vital to your development and growth if seeking an ICF Credential. At ECS we will work together over time in a cycle that allows for listening and feedback on Georgina’s part and reflection and practice on yours. “I will help you gain value from my insights, be inspired and go beyond your limits to become a better coach,” she says.
The Executive Coach Studio offers two mentor coaching programmes:
Group Mentor Coaching
A combined mentor coaching programme, with bi-monthly 90-minute group mentoring sessions plus three hours of individual mentoring spread over three months. This approach creates the synergies and supportive learning that come from a group including the power of observing others in action, the opportunity to peer coach with feedback and peer support from a cadre of coaches all seeking to gain their ICF credentials. It also offers a cost-effective solution for many.
The ECS Group Mentor Coaching Programme is a complete package to meet the requirements of your ICF Credentialing application, and more:
- 5 x 90-minute group mentoring sessions
- 3 x 60-minute individual mentoring sessions (usually focused on ensuring you have strong recordings and transcripts for your ICF Credentialing application)
All sessions are facilitated by Skype, Zoom, Vsee or telephone, supported by email contact.
The group session format is:
- Set up the outline of the call, setting the tone of the session and agreements and questions.
- Then, 1 participant coaches another. During the session, those participants who are observing are asked to listen for core competencies.
- Then a debrief session with feedback from the mentor and sharing of learning from all participants.
- This live coaching and feedback is repeated
- Final sharing of learning that each participant is taking into his or her coaching in between sessions and questions.
ECS also believes small coaching groups are the most effective and therefore the group size is limited to eight.
One to One Mentor Coaching
You can gain the entire required 10 hours of Mentor Coaching on a one to one basis. Individual sessions are tailored to your needs and are collaborative and non-judgemental in style. Georgina’s role is to partner you to success.
Your mentor coaching programme will be delivered by Skype, Zoom, Vsee or telephone and supported by email contact. It will give the opportunity to:
- review your coaching journey – where are you now, where do you want to get to and how to get there
- evaluate your actual coaching, either through listening in to a live coaching session or recordings
- identify where you’re already coaching to the standard and ICF accreditation you’re aiming for – and where there’s potential for growth
- enliven and deepen your coaching
- work through any challenges you’re experiencing in breaking through to the next level
- celebrate successes along the way
- support your development as a coach until you’re ready to take your ICF accreditation.
- explore your aspirations as a coach and how you imagine yourself as the best version of you, as a coach
- renew your confidence in your coaching style and ability
Please contact Georgina directly about her hourly rates for one to one mentoring: email@example.com
Do I have to attend all sessions?
Clearly it is ideal for you to attend all the sessions in person. Georgina’s aim is for all sessions to be recorded so, if you can’t attend then you will have access to the recordings after each session. However, you can only count mentoring hours for sessions attended in person.
What if I need more one-to-one time?
You can book one-to-one mentoring with Georgina at any time.
Are these times and dates fixed?
If the dates and times do not suit you during the enquiry stage, then please propose a start date and time and Georgina will let you know if it is available and if others can also make that time. After that, the first session is fixed. If other dates and times don’t work for you then Georgina is happy for you to negotiate with the group to change the date and time. All other participants must agree with the proposed change. If emails are flying around and the group can’t settle on a date or time, we will revert to the schedule proposed.
Are there any concessions or special terms available?
At ECS we do not like cost to be a barrier and Georgina is happy in special circumstances to negotiate fees and/or terms that reflect mutual circumstances.